csammisrun

A rare situation

Lock ‘n’ Roll 1.0.1

with 15 comments

This is a bugfix release updating Lock ‘n’ Roll 1.0 for Pidgin. The original version crashed when a message was received while the computer was locked…not very helpful at all. Version 1.0.1 should have that fixed up right nice.

Thanks to everyone who has sent feedback so far, both in the form of bug reports and feature requests. I’m hoping to get around to implementing all the great suggestions I’ve received very soon! If you’d like to leave any feedback about this new version, hit me up at .

Download locknroll-1.0.1.zip, source and binary included. To install, copy locknroll.dll to the Pidgin plugins directory. To activate it, restart Pidgin and go to the Tools menu, select Plugins, and tick the checkbox next to Lock n Roll

Written by Chris

March 6th, 2009 at 2:13 pm

15 Responses to 'Lock ‘n’ Roll 1.0.1'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Lock ‘n’ Roll 1.0.1'.

1. [...] stunning update to Lock ‘n’ Roll 1.0.1, this version includes the following [...]

2. An additional feature that might be nice with this is to have ability to change the away message after longer times away with the screen locked.

Primary reason for this sort of feature is to differentiate “away from desk” and “away for the day” and maybe even “away for the weekend”

So, for example, one could configure that from locked time 0 to, say, 2 hours after lock it would say “I’m away from my desk”. Then, 2+ hours it would say something like “I’m gone for the day”.

Keith Kyzivat

7 Aug 09 at 6:14 pm

3. A suggestion is to detect when “switch user” is used and not lock… it’s basically the same thing.. but the plug-in doesn’t detect it..

Aegnor

9 Aug 09 at 2:54 pm

4. Currently, when unlocking the computer Lock n’ Roll *always* goes back to ‘available’, even if the state was ‘Do not disturb’ before locking the computer.

It would be great if the previous state would be restored, instead of always going back to available.

norz

16 Oct 09 at 4:57 am

5. [...] Lock n Roll 1.0.1 at csammisrun Pidgin plugin to mark you as away when your screen is locked. Yay! (tags: pidgin lock n roll plugin windows screen locked saver away message) [...]

6. Codex Seraphinianus, Where can I get?

Lynn Gansert

6 Dec 09 at 9:00 am

7. I forgot to say I live in near Kansas City.

Lynn Gansert

6 Dec 09 at 9:01 am

8. Hey,

Won’t it be even better if not only the previous state of the status was restored, but also the message in it?

Nitin

8 Jan 10 at 5:50 am

9. I concur with Nitin, remembering the message would be really nice. Because it doesn’t remember, I changed pidgin’s message to be blank all the time (and this plugin’s). It would be cool for it to be able to set an away message with the time you went away. Also the message part might not work with the “mystatusbox” plugin (it shows a status box for each protocol you’re using and allows a different status for each)

Rellen

21 Jan 10 at 9:12 am

10. I am getting the error “WTSRegisterSessionNotification failed” when trying to enable this plugin. Any suggestions as to why this may be happening?

Cory

17 Feb 10 at 11:23 am

11. Great plugin – I had always assumed that Pidgin did this automatically. Some good suggestions for enhancements, but I love it just as it is.

Chris H

26 May 10 at 9:42 am

12. I’m also getting the “WTSRegisterSessionNotification failed” notice when trying to load this plugin. I updated from version 1.0 to 1.0.1, and still get the error. Any ideas, anyone?

John Robinson

9 Jul 10 at 8:09 am

13. Please try the latest version of Lock ‘n’ Roll: http://csammisrun.net/blog/2009/06/lock-n-roll-11/

Note that the version number will still report 1.0.1 – this is a bug and has been reported.

Chris

9 Jul 10 at 9:43 am

14. [...] Lock ‘n’ Roll – Set any active accounts to Away (with a user-defined message if applicable) when the workstation locks, and back to Available when it is unlocked. If an account has an existing away message set, Lock ‘n’ Roll leaves it alone. [...]

15. [...] Lock ‘n’ Roll – Set any active accounts to Away (with a user-defined message if applicable) when the workstation locks, and back to Available when it is unlocked. If an account has an existing away message set, Lock ‘n’ Roll leaves it alone. [...]