csammisrun

A rare situation

Lock ‘n’ Roll 1.1

with 19 comments

A stunning update to Lock ‘n’ Roll 1.0.1, this version includes the following changes:

• New: LNR restores statuses that it replaces when the workstation locks
  • Bugfix: LNR no longer replaces Unavailable, Offline, or Invisible statuses
  • Misc: Documented the source code
  • Misc: Updated URLs to point to the specific LNR category at my site

Thanks to O. D. for submitting a patch to accomplish the new feature and the bugfix!

Download locknroll-1.1.zip, source and binary included. To install, copy “locknroll.dll” to the Pidgin plugins directory. To activate it, restart Pidgin and go to the Tools menu, select Plugins, and tick the checkbox next to “Lock ‘n’ Roll”

Written by Chris

June 14th, 2009 at 2:41 pm

19 Responses to 'Lock ‘n’ Roll 1.1'

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to 'Lock ‘n’ Roll 1.1'.

1. It works, thanks again! :)

- Oli
    P.S.: Captain Nitpick would like to point out that the source code still calls it version “1.0.1″ in the PurplePluginInfo…

Olivier Dagenais

15 Jun 09 at 7:30 am

2. aaargh now that you mentioned it I can’t unsee it! Here comes version 1.1.1, nitpick release…

Chris

15 Jun 09 at 7:36 am

3. [...] Lock ‘n’ Roll is a pet project of mine: a Pidgin plugin (tested against versions 2.5 and 2.6) that will set your accounts’ status to Away with a user-defined message when the workstation is locked. Now Pidgin sets my ONWNC account to Away when I lock my workstation – as well as my other two accounts – and no one messages me expecting an immediate reply. I hate to disappoint people like that. [...]

4. Yeah, I tried to install the plugin 3 times thinking the install wasn’t taking because of the version info. I thought maybe I has downloaded the wrong file or was doing something wrong. I look forward to v1.1.1 just for peace of mind.

Johnson

21 Oct 09 at 11:56 pm

5. Seeing the error “RegisterClassEx failed” when trying to enable the plugin. Anyone have ideas of what could be causing this error?

Cory

17 Feb 10 at 11:51 am

6. Is version 1.1.1 available? I downloaded the version from the link above, but Pidgin still reports it as 1.0.1.

Matt Seitz

14 Mar 10 at 11:40 am

7. pan

13 Apr 10 at 5:18 am

8. A nice feature for the configuration of LnR would be to be able to select the away type (away, do not disturb, invisible, etc)… I’d love to see that!

Jesse

22 Jul 10 at 5:19 pm

9. Sorry, but this version doesn’t work the way I want, or would expect it to. My friend agrees.

Your plugin sets all accounts’ statuses to Busy – even ones that are set to be Invisible. This is no good for multiple accounts. For that reason, we can’t use it.

If you manage to implement this in the future, please send me a mail! Thanks.

BoffinbraiN

1 Aug 10 at 3:46 am

10. If you could have this plugin choose a specific saved status in pidgin instead of just setting one, it should solve a few of the above requests, and also provide more customization without too much extra work!

micksam7

20 Aug 10 at 4:36 pm

11. Hi, great plugin! I have a suggestion: have the plugin take multiple user systems into account. On my system, pidgin goes away when I lock the computer but if someone else logs in, I go back online. This link may help if you are interested:
    Thanks!

sread

16 Sep 10 at 8:38 am

12. Actually, this link is more helpful: it seems there is a specific condition (2 previously logged in users) that fails to trigger WTS_SESSION_UNLOCK properly. Scroll to the bottom for discussion of the problem and a work around.

sread

22 Sep 10 at 12:30 pm

13. [...] Go [...]

14. [...] leave your computer, but forget to change your status to Away? Lock ‘n’ Roll fixes that, automatically setting you as Away when you lock your computer, with whatever status you [...]

15. [...] leave your computer but forget to change your status to Away? Lock ‘n’ Roll fixes that, automatically setting you as Away when you lock your computer, with whatever status you [...]

16. Does this only work with Windows versions of Pidgin or will it also work with Linux versions?

Jim E

15 Feb 12 at 9:58 am

17. This plugin is Windows only.

Chris

15 Feb 12 at 4:41 pm

18. Great and very usable Pidgin plugin! Can you please add an option to go offline? Thank you!

With regards,
    Marko

Marko Kukovec

22 Nov 12 at 4:37 am

19. Hi, you don’t seem to be providing version 1.1.1, only 1.1. Could you add that? Thanks a lot.

sebalis